15.9.10

Runway, previews & Vera Wang

I took my love, I took it down
I climbed a mountain and I turned around
And I saw my reflection in the snow covered hills
’til the landslide brought it down

Oh, mirror in the sky, what is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Well, I’ve been afraid of changing cause i’ve
Built my life around you
But time makes you bolder
Even children get older
And I’m getting older, too
- LANDSLIDE -- SMASHING PUMPKINS

The Spring 2011 runways of New York hold many new trends as well as the ones you know and love from this year's spring and fall shows.  Flowers, assymetry, dark colours mixed with bright ones, and bold accessories are here to stay.  Since fall is here I am relusting over a few designers, namely Vera Wang.  Here are a few of my favourite looks from the runway and a prevew from the spring shows.  

I am at 99 followers, I have been working on a post which will be all about finding the right clothes for your body as well as building your wardrobe with basic staple pieces that allow for ultimate versatility.  I will post it once I get to 100 followers, as well as a possible give away!

Thanks so much for reading :)  Much love!

Vera Wang fall 2010.  I'm off to buy funky hand and neck pieces, and I love the long gloves!
Vera Wang spring 2010.  This type of structure is common for dresses for both her fall and spring collections.
Betsey Johnson fall 2010.  This look is flawless and I am loving her fun designs!  Her spring line mixes and matches so many trends, here is one of my favourite looks:
Betsey Johnson spring 2011.  All photos from http://www.style.com.

Marc Jacob was sporting flowers left, right and centre on the spring runway.  Almost every model had a giant flower headpiece.  Here is the only look I fancied:

What are your favourite looks from the New York spring runway?
Can't wait for the Italy and Paris shows!

One more follower and I'm at 100, send me an e-mail at vward@uoguelph.ca if you are the 100th follower and I will show my special edition blog post!

Thank you so much for reading,
Xoxo Veronica

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. did you hear how broke betsey jonhnson is? and how steve madden might loan her the money since her handbag licence is under his company name bah hate steve madden! anyways now that just admit you love marc jacobs and lVtoo!

    ps i m your 100th follower :)

    ReplyDelete

follow & comment please, thanks loves!